Choose a Holiday!
Memorial day is a great time to break out the grill and have a good old fashioned cookout, but while you’re waiting for the main course to cook, why not make some delicious Memorial Day appetizers to whet the guests’ appetites. These spicy grilled chicken kabobs will be a hit with everyone.
- 1 pound chicken, cut into one inch squares
- 1 ½ cups pineapple chunks
- 1 red onion, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 green pepper, cut into one inch squares
- 2/3 cup pineapple juice
- Juice of one lime
- 1 tablespoon ginger, minced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, minced
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons cilantro, minced
Mix the glaze ingredients together in a saucepan and heat over medium high heat until about half of the fluid has evaporated. The slide the chicken, pineapple, onion and pepper onto a kebob skewer and brush with the glaze. Grill until the chicken is cooked thoroughly and no longer pink inside. Feel free to brush the glaze on a few more times for an even more flavorable kebob.
We used chicken, onion, pineapple and pepper. Tell us what ingredients do you like to put on your kebobs.